Senior Facility Cleaning in NY & CT
America is aging. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, more than 56 million adults ages 65 and older live in the United States, comprising about 16.9% of the total population. Come 2030 when the last of the Baby Boomer generation ages into older adulthood, it’s estimated that there will be more than 73.1 million older adults in the US.
What does this mean for the future of seniors in the U.S.?
- More than 1 in 5 people will be of retirement age
- Adults age 65 and older are projected to rise to an estimated 85.7 million by 2050 — roughly 22% of the overall U.S. population
- 30% of residents are between 75 and 84
- Approximately 7 out of 10 people will need assisted living care in their lifetime
- Assisted living communities employ nearly half a million staff members
Caring for our aging population means the growth and expansion of senior living communities.
More than 810,000 Americans currently reside in assisted living communities, accounting for 88% of all senior living community residents.
Understanding Senior Living Communities
Depending on the needs and situation of an individual, there are different types of senior residential communities, including:
- Active retirement: Communities often cater to seniors that are still able to live independently
- Nursing homes: Suitable for people who don’t need to be in a hospital, but require care.
- Assisted living: This accounts for more than 810,000 Americans, or about 2% of seniors over the age of 65 and assists those who need help with daily care, but often less than what nursing homes provide. Nearly 29,000 assisted living communities operate in the U.S.
- Rehabilitation centers: Provides therapy and services for seniors recovering from an injury or serious medical event
The Importance of Commercial Cleaning in Senior Communities
As people age, they become more vulnerable to illness and disease, as evidenced by the COVID-19 pandemic and its direct impact on seniors, particularly within nursing homes and assisted living communities.
It was estimated that as of August 2021, 21% of U.S. COVID-19-related deaths were among nursing home residents.
One sick person in a senior community can spread disease and infection quickly, which means that facilities must be proactive and consistent when it comes to its cleaning and sanitation practices.
Commercial deep cleaning is crucial to the health and safety of its residents, guests, and employees. Without proper measures in place, your senior living facility runs the risk of temporary or permanent shutdown, and more importantly, puts the lives of its residents at risk.
Commercial Cleaning Services Needed in Senior Communities
Families expect their respective senior living facilities to have a commitment to cleanliness and safety for their elderly loved ones. When it comes to the well-being of seniors and all those that enter the premises, it’s important to develop a comprehensive cleaning program.
Knowing that seniors are more vulnerable to illness means that cleaning and disinfection practices from an experienced commercial cleaning company are necessary.
Senior living communities can be complex because of their size and varying spaces. They require companies to have expertise in the deep cleaning and disinfection of diverse surfaces and spaces, which may include:
- Common spaces such as lobbies and offices
- Resident living quarters
- Kitchen & dining areas
- Medical offices and equipment
- High-touch surfaces such as toilets, doorknobs, countertops, and computers, etc.
- Windows, curtains & drapes
- Carpeting & floors
Your Trusted Partner For Senior Living Commercial Cleaning
Here at ABS, we take the health and safety of your senior living residents facility very seriously. Our dedicated and experienced team will ensure that no surface or space in your senior living community is left unattended.
As senior living facilities have expanded in number and size across the Northeast, so have our strategies for comprehensive cleaning and disinfection to meet the complex needs of these facilities. We use industry-leading equipment, supplies, and methods to ensure that your senior living community sparkles from the inside out.
From the lobbies where visitors are greeted to the bedrooms where seniors rest, we work tirelessly to ensure that the well-being and health of your community start with meticulously cleaned and disinfected spaces. We’ll focus on areas that need attention daily or weekly to minimize risk factors that could put seniors’ lives at risk.
A thoroughly cleaned and sanitized facility will have a lasting and positive impact on both your senior residents, and employees, clients, and guests as well. Rely on ABS to ensure that your senior living facilities maintain the highest level of cleanliness and disinfection to combat the spread of infection and illness.
Cleanliness is non-negotiable at your senior facility, and you need a partner you can rely on to ensure the health and safety of your residents. Connect with us today and let’s create a comprehensive cleaning and disinfection program that puts thes well-being of your seniors, staff, and guests first.